Tuesday

Inviting God's Presence

This past week while working on varios lessons, from Calvary kids Connection to Sunday School, FNT and Calvary Crew, there seems to be a recurring theme. That theme would be the thought or idea of "looking into" or "examining" ourselves. I want to share these thoughts with you as we seek the presence of God in our youth group. (Remember Pastor Chad?)

Often times as christians we tend to profess our faith in Christ, go to church every 7 days or so and spend the rest of the weeek wrapped up in the busy-ness of this world with little regard for what Jesus did for us and why He went to the cross, and wonder why church or youth group has become mundane.

We ask ourselves; where is the joy? the excitement? the freedom? the desire? Why am I not experienceing the fruits of the Spirit? Or maybe it's been so long since you have experienced Christ in your life you no longer even ask.

Now I don't want to bore you or lose you, so bare with me and keep on reading. Satan does not want you to understand, let alone begin do these things which the Holy Spirit commanded through the apostle Paul.

I have learned over the years that rather than blaming the church, hypocrates, or outside influences beyond my control, that it is I who needs to look in the mirror. Does my life and lifestyle align more with the word of God (what the Bible says about a true disciple), Or does my life align more with the world around me?

Paul told the Corinthians to: " Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?"
(2 Corinthians 13:5) Paul spoke this to the Corintians he also speaks this to us.

Later this week I will post what it means to "examine yourself" and to "align your lives" to the life Christ intended for you, so you may experience all of that which God intends for you, and bring you words of encouragement in your daily battle with those influences that want to pull you away from the things of God.

P.C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing thoughts from God's word. They always apply to our daily life. They are a blessing to me and a challenge.